Monday, June 20, 2011

Why Does This Have To Hurt So Bad?

Everyone who has lupus deals with the pain one way or another. Whether it be in your joints, muscle and various other places. The only way I can describe it is the pain is dull and intense. It is like your whole body is on fire. There is a a lot of ways to relief the pain, but are they good for you?  Doctors tell you that if you have inflammation take an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen or Aleve.  These pills are supposed to help, but your pain is really intense and the anti- inflammatory  doesn't work how do you deal with that?  What I usually do is take a really hot bath, but unfortunately that only lasts for a certain amount of time. I usually take a Tylenol PM because it helps me sleep and I don't feel pain in the morning. Now I am not trying to suggest that you use it, but whatever you use to help relieve the pain that you are feeling by all means take something. There is no reason to live uncomfortably with this disease.   Some might say that they don't want to be addicted to the pain medication. That is okay. Personally I just don't like being in pain. I respect those that can deal with having lupus, but for those who can't deal with the medication and the side effects my heart goes out to you . There is no easy way to really live with this disease. There are those who say suck it up and get over it, but that is easier said then done. There has been days when I just lie in bed, because I don't feel good. Yesterday I went on a hike and got over heated so my hubby poured water all over me.  Luckily there was a breeze so it felt awesome and I cooled down immediately. Yes I had sunscreen on my arms and I was wearing a hat. I try not to go out in the sun that much because if I do I get really nauseous.I really would like some feedback from people who read my blog. I know that this disease is different with anybody who has it. If there is a topic that you want me to write about I would really like it if people would comment.  Give me some idea on how you are feeling!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment