Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Educate and Bring Awareness For People Who Are Living With Lupus

I would like to start off by telling you about myself.  I was diagnosed with lupus when I was 16 years old. Systemic Lupus Erythamotosis  is an autoimmune disease. This means when your body can't fight off infections or virus's then the body starts attacking it's own organs. Lupus can effect your kidneys, heart, central nervous system. There are three types of lupus. Systemic which effects the organs, discoid  which you get disc like lesions, and drug induced. What is really unique about lupus is that  the disease effects people differently. This means that no two people can have the same symptoms. Lupus is very hard to diagnose and if you don't know you have it get tested for it. At present time there is no cure, but that doesn't mean give up fighting there is always a light at the end of this road.  Please join me in helping to educate and bring awareness to people who know or has this disease. For me, lupus represents strength, courage, and most of all bravery !!!! My name is Mary Campbell and I am a survivor of lupus!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment