Friday, May 27, 2011

Misconceptions About Having Lupus

Whenever you look at someone who is diagnosed with lupus your first reaction is " What's that?" Then when you describe what lupus is either someone says they know someone who has it or they have never heard of it. The next reaction would be "You don't look sick! " I am not going to lie, but sometimes I get annoyed with people like that. First off I may not look sick to you, but I feel sick . I feel bad sometimes because I can't always get my daily chores done. A simple task to someone else who doesn't have this disease can keep up with daily things that they need to do. For those who do have lupus even a simple task like doing the dishes or getting dressed is a difficult task. The other day I managed to have the energy to do the dishes and clean the kitchen. I felt so accomplished !! I did however pay for it later because yesterday my body felt like it was on fire. I stay indoor pretty much because if I am out in the sun too long I start feeling really sick and my body hurts. No I am not a prisoner of my disease. I just prefer it. Some people don't really have a choice, but to go outdoors. My advice to you is stock up on sun screen and big hats. I hate the sunscreen though because it makes my skin so oily. Even with the protection of the sunscreen won't always help. I live in the desert and believe me when I say that the sun and me are not friends.  I seriously feel like a vampire sometimes. I truly love the outdoors, and I am careful of how much sun exposure I get. When I tell people about having  lupus I tell them my whole story I tell them of how it affects me. I tell them that there isn't a cure at the present time. I try not to have a negative attitude about it, because what is that going to change?    All  I can do is to stay healthy and keep doing my blogs and hopes that it may help somebody else. I don't want to sound like a broken record. When I was looking on some websites about lupus and they were talking about "Brain Fog" I can honestly say that I have it almost everyday. I will be talking to someone and then all of a sudden my mind goes blank and I will forget what I was talking about. I am not to proud to say I have brain  fog  !!!  Well that is all I have to write for now. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment